During my nearly 10 years working for the North Dakota Highway Patrol, I specialized in investigative work. Specific areas of expertise include DUI enforcement, drug cases, criminal investigations, vehicle crash analysis and K9 operations. Let my combined military, law enforcement and extensive home town, North Dakota-based experience work for you.
The safety of those traveling on our roadways was not my only responsibility. As a Bismarck based trooper I was tasked with protecting North Dakota state employees at the State Capitol, North Dakota Supreme Court, North Dakota Governor's Residence, Workforce Safety and Insurance, the State Penitentiary, Missouri River Correctional Center, Bismarck Transition Center, the Law Enforcement Training Center, James River Correctional Center and North Dakota Youth Correctional Center.
Education and Training
- Community College of the Air Force - Langley, VA
- Law Enforcement Training Academy - Bismarck, ND
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Academy - Glynco, GA
- National Police Canine Association - Bismarck, ND & Camp Ripely, MN
- I was born in Fort Yates, ND and am a member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. While growing up I lived in many small communities in western North Dakota such as; Carson, Bowman, New Town, Williston, Mandan, Bottineau and Minot. As a result, I have extensive knowledge operating in these communities, their surrounding areas and two of North Dakota's reservations.
- I left North Dakota for the first time serving our country in the United States Air Force, where I supported combat flying missions from my post at Langley AFB, Virginia. I continued my education and received my degree and returned home to North Dakota after 5 years of enlistment.
- Upon my return, I attended the Law Enforcement Training Academy in Bismarck, ND. After graduation I began my career with the North Dakota Highway Patrol as a traffic trooper in Steele, ND. From there, I transferred to Bismarck and was offered a position as a K9 handler. I remained on the K9 team in Bismarck until I opened EH Security, LLC.
- During my time as a NDHP trooper I investigated and responded to thousands of calls ranging from DUI and drug offenses to domestic violence and attempted homicide. I obtained advanced training in DUI interdiction, standardized field sobriety tests (SFSTs), vehicle crash investigation and instructed law enforcement recruits in emergency vehicle operations(EVOC). My K9 team credits include multiple awards such as Top Dog, advanced narcotic search, tracking and evidence searches. My team's success on the road translated into hundreds of pounds of marijuana interdicted, 1 murder suspect tracked, $20,000.00 in drug money confiscated and 4.5 pounds of heroin removed from the street.
- I left government service to open EH Security, LLC focusing primarily on criminal defense litigation assistance, personal protective services and property security. I represent clients from all walks of life and in the full scope of criminal cases. My experience in both state and federal investigations is an asset to my clients as I know how the criminal investigation and trial phases work. I can assist attorneys to obtain the information needed to defend the rights of their clients through every step of the criminal justice system.